In the month of October, By George raised more than $7000 for life-changing research projects into type 1 diabetes by taking part in JDRF Australia’s ‘One Walk’ step challenge. We individually walked 125km+ throughout the month of October, in recognition of the 125,000 Aussies living with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
JDRF Australia is a charity that targets a range of T1D issues including:
- education in schools for newly diagnosed kids;
- funding technology for some families;
- funding research and development of treatments of T1D;
- funding clinical trials; and
- issuing scholarships for research scientists.
JDRF Australia also lobbies governments to fund technologies that are freely accessible overseas but haven’t yet been deployed here in Australia.
Talk about smashing a goal… well done all! And thanks to By George Legal for generously donating $2000 towards this cause so close to our hearts.